Friday, October 10, 2014

Light Broccoli and Cheese soup

 picture and recipe from myrecipes.com (through cookinglight.com)

 Its me again! Trying to cook healthier so I can have my cookie at the end of the day! :) Jason and I really enjoyed this soup. It had a great nutty texture and a very healthy flavor. I will go ahead and warn: my kids did not like it much at all. That's because it actually tastes like broccoli with a hint of carrot! If your kids love vegetables, then they will love this. My kids don't like anything. Not exaggerating. Jason and I both agreed it was a little more of an adult soup.But it whipped up in less than 30 minutes and was great reheated!
 

Light Broccoli and Cheese Soup
3 c chicken stock
2 c broccoli
1 c diced onion (I used about 1/3)
1/2 c chopped carrot
3/8 t salt
1/4 t pepper
2 garlic cloves
3/4 c half n half (I used fat free evap. milk)
4 oz sharp cheese

Combine first seven ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer 10". Blend. Stir in half n half and cheese until incorporated. Garnish with parsley, saltines and a little more cheese. The soup was beautiful and did not look at all like this picture. It was very nutty in texture and you could see the pretty green and orange flecks from the veggies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment