Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Homemade Granola

I am in love with this super simple, versatile granola recipe!  I've tried it with dried cranberries and raisins, my kids prefer it plain, and I've also added mini chocolate chips and walnuts instead of the dried fruit.  My favorite version is with the cranberries and raisins.  You can add whatever you like!


Homemade Granola

5 cups oatmeal (use either whole oats or quick oats; I actually prefer quick oats)
1/4-1/3 cup salted sunflower seeds
2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup (I like homemade)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch salt
a little water (about 1/3 cup)

Options:
dried fruit, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, etc.

Preheat oven to 325.  Combine the first 9 ingredients and mix.  Add dried fruit if desired.  Bake on 2 cookie sheets for 25 minutes.  Add chocolate and nuts after baking if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment